Civil Engineering – Russia is the home to some of the best programs in hydraulics, architecture, soil mechanics and project management.
Computer Science Engineering- in programming contests worldwide, Russian programmers rank on the top. Russia has some of the world’s most powerful computers and multi-computer complexes.
Electrical Engineering – Russia is the homeland of inventors of carbon arc welding, gold electroplating, electric seismograph, optical dynamo-meter, tungsten filament and a lot more. From theoretical foundations to real-life application, everything is comprehensively taught in Russia.
Mechanical Engineering – Russia is a country full of tech-savvy people. During the cold war era too, Russia gave a tough competition to American technology.
Oil and gas Engineering – Russia is the 2nd largest exporter of oil in the world. Russian companies dominate the Forbes list of top oil and gas companies. The Russian State University of Oil and Gas is associated with the European University Association.
Robotics Engineering – Not without a reason are developed countries worried about the Russian progression in global robotics; Russia is advancing in artificial intelligence, military robotics, robotic submarines at an accelerated pace.
Software Engineering – IT industry of Russia is world famous as Russians have been the developers of Kaissa to the inventors of Google web search engine.
Why Engineering in Russia?
- Low tuition fee- Study Engineering in Russia is cheaper than in other countries. Though Russia’s contributions are notable in engineering and technology, yet it provides these courses at a very reasonable fee.
- Subsidized transportation- students are availed with highly subsidized means of transport in the form of the underground railway (Subway/Metro), buses and trams.
- Best internships- one major advantage of study engineering in Russia is that you get placed in top notch companies for internships. This provides an impetus to your career.
- Historically earned reputation- Russia has been known for its contributions in the field of science and technology for long. Not to forget, Russia was the country whose arsenals deterred USA.
- Top-ranking universities- Russian universities that provide engineering courses are ranked among the topmost by BRICS Rankings and QS World University Rankings. For instance, Lomonosov Moscow State University has been ranked 4th this year.
- Numerous branches of engineering available- as mentioned above, Russian universities have some of the best programs in oil and gas engineering, electrical engineering, robotics engineering, civil engineering, computer science engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, robotics engineering, software engineering etc.
A student must have:
- Mental and physical fitness
- An adequate source of funding their education
- Attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the course .
- Passed in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & English individually.
- Obtained a consolidated score of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in standard XI and XII. However, the requirement is only 40% marks in case of students belonging to reserved category.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED –
- A valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Completed application form
- School / college leaving certificate.
- Medical Certificate and HIV Certificate.
- Parents’ Bank statement (at least of past 6 months).
- An invitation letter issued by the Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- 12 passport size colour photographs(background should be white).
- Mark sheet and passing certificate of class 10th from a recognized board.
- Gap certificate for students with gap after class 12th.
- Mark sheet and passing certificate of class 11th and 12th from a recognized board.
- Affidavit certificate confirming that parents shall sponsor the student’s education
- University of Moscow
- Tomsk State University
- Novosibirsk State University
- Siberian Federal University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Moscow Power Engineering Institute
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Gubkin Russian State University Of Oil & Gas
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
To explore the plethora of opportunities in Russia, fix an appointment with Phoenix Education now! Contact Us Here